New River Paddle Fishing Tournament – July 20, 2013


High Water Contingency Plan – This is just in case

Event is Rain or Shine!

Hello eager participants of the Fourth Annual New River Paddle Fishing Tournament! As we all know, significant rainfall during the past several weeks has lead to high water conditions throughout our region. Fortunately, the height of the New River is forecast to drop to a manageable level in the days to come, which means we anticipate the Tournament will go on without disruption! In the unlikely event that the river level at the Radford Gage is 5 feet or above, the Tournament will be postponed to a future date. If the event is to be postponed, we will make an announcement on Friday July 19, 2013 at 12:00pm via our website, the Back Country Ski and Sport, Inc. Facebook page, and posts at both Back Country locations.  Otherwise, no news is good news, and the Tournament will proceed as normal.  Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

USGS River Conditions for the Radford Gage can be found on our Conditions page.